Open Data Day
If you have data in non-machine readable formats, i.e. that needs to be extracted from a website or from a PDF, let us know and we will see if we can help you get it out.
This event is open to all: data hackers/wranglers, journalists, concerned citizens, tech-geeks-in-training, anyone who needs a helping hand or wants to further the cause of open data.
How can I join in?
Have a dataset in mind that you need to get hold of in machine-readable format?
Let us know what you are looking for via the Google form. Then, if you are in London, swing by on the day to keep us company with witty chat while we try and get it for you. We’ll try and get as many datasets as possible released in one day.
If we don’t get them all done, we’ll organise a speed-geeking event in the near future to try and complete them.
Coder / Data Wrangler?
We need you! If you can screen scrape / extract data from PDFs or have data wrangling abilities, come along (either virtually or in person) to hang out, drink good coffee and wrangle.
- When: Open Data Day – 3rd December
- Meet: Foyer of the Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London, EC2Y 8D
- Time: 11 a.m. -> Milking time
- Can’t make it in person?: Join us on irc.freenode.net (Room: #okfn).
- Hashtag: #seizedata
- Please register via the meetup page
- Let us know which datasets you would like to see and be able to use via the Google form
Any questions, drop us a line on info [at] okfn.org
Data wants to be free
Remember that and you’ll never go wrong.