Community and Communication Team
The Community and Communication Team are responsible for things like:
- Creating content around CKAN including general promotional and informational materials
- Managing the primary CKAN website ()
- Social media
- The regular CKAN “News Bulletin”
- Community Outreach and Engagement including with key users and user communities
- Press management and engagement.
Community and Communications Team Meetings
The Team will have regular online meetings (twice monthly). Members are expected to attend at least one meeting a month and to participate in the dedicated mailing list.
A regular schedule for team meetings will be organised as the team grows.
Please feel free to follow the public discussion for Community and Communication topics
How to become a Community and Communications Team member
- Be able to demonstrate your passion for open data
- Be willing to be a public evangelist for the CKAN project; such as via public speaking, social shares, personal blog posts, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the project through direct experience or association in a similar area; such as openGLAM, openGovt, etc.
- Be able to bring something uniquely valued to the team; such as professional skills in writing, community management, graphic design, etc.
- Lastly, ask the Team Lead how you can start to help.
Note that decisions about appointing new members is ultimately taken by existing Community and Communications Team members and is at their discretion. However, we are likely to be an indiscriminate bunch who will take all the help on offer :)
- RT @OKFN : Women in #data can help tackle gender inequality, build a more diverse society, and address issues such as climate change and air… 2 weeks ago
- @CareduzTweets @OKFN @Open_TO @evertp Follow the Link under Tech Team Calls for the meeting link. If you have troub… http://t.co/5Vt2Rc6VeR 2 weeks ago
- @CareduzTweets @OKFN @Open_TO @evertp Happy to chat about it :) can you join the tech team meeting next Tuesday?… http://t.co/xHIcIXg096 2 weeks ago