The CKAN DataStore extension provides an ad hoc database for storage of structured data from CKAN resources. Data can be pulled out of resource files and stored in the DataStore.
When a resource is added to the DataStore, you get:
- Automatic data previews on the resource’s page, using the Data Explorer extension
- The DataStore API: search, filter and update the data, without having to download and upload the entire data file
The DataStore is integrated into the CKAN API and authorization system.
The DataStore is generally used alongside the DataPusher, which will automatically upload data to the DataStore from suitable files, whether uploaded to CKAN’s FileStore or externally linked.
- Open Source and Open Data are on the front lines of the #OpenRevolution. #ChooseOpen! http://t.co/KT8t5WOauc 6 days ago
- RT @Stefffi : "And what do you do with Open Data @liip ?" - Find out in my Blog-Post: http://t.co/8GKTUSKFsJ #OpenData #CKAN 3 weeks ago
- RT @OKFN : What's the state of @CKANproject in the US? What does human-centered design look like for open data? How to develop regional data… 3 weeks ago