The CKAN DataStore extension provides an ad hoc database for storage of structured data from CKAN resources. Data can be pulled out of resource files and stored in the DataStore.
When a resource is added to the DataStore, you get:
- Automatic data previews on the resource’s page, using the Data Explorer extension
- The DataStore API: search, filter and update the data, without having to download and upload the entire data file
The DataStore is integrated into the CKAN API and authorization system.
The DataStore is generally used alongside the DataPusher, which will automatically upload data to the DataStore from suitable files, whether uploaded to CKAN’s FileStore or externally linked.
- RT @ChrisHagyard : Just registered Ontario's new CKAN based #datacatalog http://t.co/W18ZpHNtSM with http://t.co/ErHOWyaT3U excited to be… 1 week ago
- @hannah_odaniel @brimwats @omeka @ArchivesSpace @webrecorder_io @unleasharchives @accesstomemory @archivematica … http://t.co/ZjEIVsVueA 1 week ago
- RT @datopian : We added🆕videos to our explanatory video snippets series about #OpenSearch & #CKAN! 🧭Our aim is to introduce and elucidate ab… 1 month ago