The CKAN DataStore extension provides an ad hoc database for storage of structured data from CKAN resources. Data can be pulled out of resource files and stored in the DataStore.
When a resource is added to the DataStore, you get:
- Automatic data previews on the resource’s page, using the Data Explorer extension
- The DataStore API: search, filter and update the data, without having to download and upload the entire data file
The DataStore is integrated into the CKAN API and authorization system.
The DataStore is generally used alongside the DataPusher, which will automatically upload data to the DataStore from suitable files, whether uploaded to CKAN’s FileStore or externally linked.
- RT @LouDataOfficer : Amazing article in the @TheLaneReport on Louisville’s new community open data site running @CKANproject . Good work @T … 1 week ago
- RT @link_digital : We’re excited to share updates about the exciting initiatives we are hatching together with @datopianinc as co-stewards o… 2 weeks ago
- CKAN updates available now. Please always run the latest patch release. It is safe and doesn’t require new migratio… http://t.co/9VyONDCSu3 2 months ago