The CKAN DataStore extension provides an ad hoc database for storage of structured data from CKAN resources. Data can be pulled out of resource files and stored in the DataStore.
When a resource is added to the DataStore, you get:
- Automatic data previews on the resource’s page, using the Data Explorer extension
- The DataStore API: search, filter and update the data, without having to download and upload the entire data file
The DataStore is integrated into the CKAN API and authorization system.
The DataStore is generally used alongside the DataPusher, which will automatically upload data to the DataStore from suitable files, whether uploaded to CKAN’s FileStore or externally linked.
- RT @ReadDavid : CKAN DataStore made ⏩faster⏩ in new CKAN 2.7 release http://t.co/dgpVdMmX2O @CKANproject 1 week ago
- RT @link_digital : GovHack a hit in every state and territory http://t.co/9TAYppH3XJ And, we had a great year keeping the data flowing via… 2 weeks ago
- Great to see open data, CKAN and Drupal combined in a hackathon like #GovHack http://t.co/wNoP7Se3c4 2 weeks ago