- Complete catalog system with easy to use web interface and a powerful API
- Strong integration with third-party CMS’s like Drupal and WordPress
- Data visualization and analytics
- Workflow support lets departments or groups manage their own data publishing
- Fine-grained access control
- Integrated data storage and full data API
- Federated structure: easily set up new instances with common search
Support and Hosted Solutions
CKAN is open source and can be downloaded and used for free. Users can also get hosting and support from a range of suppliers.
A full-time professional development team at the Open Knowledge Foundation maintains CKAN and can provide full support and hosting with SLAs.