CKAN enjoys a wide and varied installation base and is relied upon by a lot of different stakeholders. CKAN also enjoys the attention of a great many contributors who are always improving the core and expanding CKAN’s flexibility through extensions. The project is collectively sustained by the amazing contributions of open data enthusiasts, professional coders and commercial vendors, while it serves a need that is defined by it’s end users.
As we consider what will be important for CKAN 3.0 we will firstly recognise what is sustainable and what will most delight the project’s users. We will have to take on the perspective of many stakeholders as we consider our pros, cons and priorities.
So, let’s start by renewing a dialogue with CKAN’s various users and contributors and beginning our journey toward CKAN 3.0. We’ll run through a proposed plan to engage with CKAN’s community, collect feedback from attendees, and take these first steps together.
💡 Join this webinar to:
- Learn more about CKAN’s product vision and future horizon.
- Learn how you, your team or your organisation can get more involved in shaping how CKAN 3.0 is formed.
- Provide your own insight into the process we’ll be following and help us design an inclusive and open framework for establishing the CKAN 3.0 roadmap.
- Steven De Costa
Co-Steward of CKAN Project | Executive Director at Link Digital
Steven has worked in the internet and multimedia industry since 1997, founding Link Digital in 2001. He is a member of the CKAN Association Steering Group and is the Community and Communications Team Leader, a former national organiser of GovHack.org, and recently stepped down from his position as Secretary and Treasurer for the Board of Open Knowledge Australia. A strong communicator, Steven is a long-standing contributor within open data and open knowledge initiatives, regularly co-organising and presenting at related events.
- Date: Wednesday, April 27 2022
Time: 13:00 UTC
- Language: English
Register: Reserve your spot here.
- Frequency: Every third Wednesday of the month at 13:00 UTC [note: the event was postponed due to our speaker being ill]
Google Meet joining info
- CLICK HERE to join with Google Meet
- Or dial: (BG) +359 2 907 4295 PIN: 226 461 499#
- More phone numbers here
- Welcome and introductions – 5 min
- Presentation – 20 min
- Discussion / Q&A – 15 min
- Closing – 5 min
You can have a look at the [CKAN Monthly Live] Meeting Doc. Feel free to add items and things you’d like to discuss to the agenda.
Share Your Experience
Don’t forget to share your experience by using #CKANMonthlyLive!
We look forward to seeing you all on CKAN Monthly Live!
#CKAN #OpenSource #OpenData #OpenKnowledge #CKANproject