It's time for CKAN Monthly Live! We are going to start the new year with a presentation from Joel Natividad, CEO at datHere on Datapusher+ - a fork of Datapusher that combines the speed and robustness of ckanext-xloader with the data type guessing of Datapusher. Datapusher+ is built using CKAN Service Provider, with Messytables replaced by qsv. TNRIS/TWDB provided the use cases that informed and supported the development of Datapusher+, specifically, to support a Resource-first upload workflow.
- "Bullet-proof", ultra-fast data type inferencing with qsv
- Exponentially faster loading speed
- Production-ready Robustness
- More informative datastore loading messages
- Extended data-wrangling with qsv
💡 Join this webinar to see:
- How to fully leverage the CKAN’s Datastore’s PostgreSQL underpinnings - taking it beyond a “tabular blob store” - primarily used for previewing tabular data, to a more performant datastore that can support more analytical workloads.
💡 In his presentation Joel will cover:
- CKAN Datastore background
- Current ways data is loaded into the CKAN Datastore
- How Datapusher+ improves on these existing methods, and what additional capabilities it unlocks.
- Joel Natividad
CEO and Co-Founder at datHere
Joel Natividad is a passionate open data evangelist, entrepreneur, futurist, semtechie and a long-time open source contributor. Before starting datHere, he used to work at Datopian and OpenGov Inc. He was a member of the steering group of CKAN Association and as such, he worked with other CKAN stakeholders around the world to ensure the long-term future and sustainability of the CKAN project - a role he reprises in the “Towards a Robust, Open-Source Civic Data Ecosystem” study in partnership with the University of Pittsburgh’s Western Pennsylvania Regional Data Center. After winning NYCBigApps twice, Joel co-founded his first open data startup – Ontodia in 2012, becoming the first CKAN professional services partner in the US, helping with several CKAN implementations, including NYC’s Department of Education, WPRDC and Boston. Ontodia was acquired by OpenGov in 2016, and while there, they helped implement OpenGov’s CKAN SaaS offering – which is in operation at ~50 agencies of all sizes across the US.
- Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Time: 13:00 UTC
- How long: 60 mins
- Language: English
- Reserve your spot here.
Google Meet joining info
- CLICK HERE to join with Google Meet
- Or dial: (BG) +359 2 907 4153 PIN: 492 965 761#
- More phone numbers here
- Welcome and introductions – 10 min
- Presentation from Joel – 20 min
- Discussion / Q&A – 10-15 min
- Community announcements and sharing (if any) – 8 min
- Closing – 2 min
You can have a look at the [CKAN Monthly Live] Meeting Doc. Feel free to add items and things you’d like to discuss to the agenda.
Don’t forget to share your experience by using #CKANMonthlyLive!
We look forward to seeing you all on CKAN Monthly Live!