This CKAN Monthly Live will highlight The Canadian Watershed Information Network (CanWIN) who's going to talk about Making Science Accessible from the Prairies to the Arctic. CanWIN is a Canadian research spatial data infrastructure (RSDI) system hosted at the University of Manitoba and managed by the Centre for Earth Observation Science within the Faculty of Environment, Earth and Resources. It is a web-based open access data and information network created in order to help address key water quality issues within the lake and its contributing watersheds.
CanWIN supports research and education, and inform management, policy and evidence based decision making within the Nelson River Watershed and into the Arctic via Hudson Bay. By creating an interoperable infrastructure, CanWIN facilitates the discoverability and accessibility of water and climate related data across the freshwater-marine spectrum.
💡 Join this webinar to learn about:
- Using CKAN to help research data support FAIR, CARE and OCAP principles
- Using CKAN to support our mandate of open, accessible and understandable research
- Research data workflows and how CanWIN supports national and global data interoperability
- Claire Herbert
Data Manager at CanWIN
Claire Herbert is the Data Manager for the Canadian Watershed Information Network (CanWIN) and the Program Manager for the Manitoba Great Lakes Program at the Centre for Earth Observation Science at the University of Manitoba. She has spent her 20 year career conducting freshwater ecosystem research in Canada and overseas, focusing on the effects of climate change on in-lake processes and remote sensing of algal blooms on prairie lakes. As data manager for CanWIN, Claire works with a global network of collaborators to make freshwater-marine science open and accessible.
- Date: Wednesday, June 15 2022
Time: 13:00 UTC
- How long: 45-60 mins
- Language: English
Register: Reserve your spot here.
- Frequency: Every third Wednesday of the month at 13:00 UTC
Google Meet joining info
- CLICK HERE to join with Google Meet
- Or dial: (BG) +359 2 907 4153 PIN: 492 965 761#
- More phone numbers here
- Welcome and introductions – 10 min
- Presentation – 20 min
- Discussion / Q&A – 10-15 min
- Community announcements and sharing (if any) – 3 min
- Closing – 2 min
You can have a look at the [CKAN Monthly Live] Meeting Doc. Feel free to add items and things you’d like to discuss to the agenda.
Share Your Experience
Don’t forget to share your experience by using #CKANMonthlyLive!
Our LinkedIn Page is brand new - follow us there and spread the word!
We look forward to seeing you all on CKAN Monthly Live!