Announcing the data.world Extension Public Release for CKAN
By establishing a data.world profile and linking your data, you give your data consumers additional capabilities on data.world including the ability to:
- Execute SQL and SPARQL queries without needing to create a database
- Join datasets from many different sources and of different file types (file types are automatically normalized in data.world) in open or private workspaces
- Interact with data via R Studio or Python programs using the data.world API as well as use connectors to bring data into visualization tools including Tableau
- Preserve community-generated knowledge around your data using interactive data dictionaries, dataset annotations, file labels, and discussion threads
- Showcase community-created derivative work including transformed data, notebooks, analysis, and visualizations
Watch the Video Walkthrough on LinkDigitalTV
Download ckanext-datadotworld from GitHub
The ckanext-datadotworld code is available free of charge under open source licensing. You can download and try the extension on your own CKAN portal today. Follow the installation instructions, provide your feedback via logging issues or contribute to the extension via your own pull requests.
Trial ckanextdatadotworld at Datashades.com
- Name of Organization
- Contact Name
- Contact Email
Overview of Features in Current Release
The screenshot below shows how you would link your data to a data.world profile from the CKAN admin portal:
Once linked, on the data portal the organisation becomes clearly identified by a data.world label and a link to its data.world profile. For convenience, all the datasets published previously to the synchronization will also be automatically linked to the data.world profile.
Important: At the moment, synchronization is unidirectional. Changes made in CKAN are automatically replicated to data.world, but the reverse is not true. Changes made to CKAN datasets on data.world will stay there and may be overwritten.
Want to Feature an Extension on CKAN.org?
If you are also working on a CKAN extension and would like to have it featured on CKAN.org, please feel free to contact a member of the Community and Communications Team.